Lead of Technology Partnership Programs and Public Funding
Nova is seeking an experienced manager from the Semiconductor industry to lead its technology partnership programs and public funding (currently over 10 R&D projects with annual net funding exceeding $3M).
The role includes managing and overseeing Nova’s entire activity as part of Israeli and European consortia, as well as generic R&D programs with the Israeli Innovation Authority. The position requires both multi-disciplinary Management skills as well as technical understanding.
This role is part of Nova’s Chief-Technology-Office, and reports directly to Nova’s corporate CTO.
•Representing Nova (and presenting Nova) in Israel and abroad in conferences, consortia meetings and collaboration activities.
• Ability to manage the life cycle (initiating, planning & budgeting, executing) of 10 parallel multiyear projects, with over $10M in overall annual costs and over $3M of annual funding.
• Responsible for overall funding income.
• Initiating and searching for public funding and technical collaboration opportunities with academy and other companies (assisted by technical experts), assesses its requirement, decides on preferred ones, and brings it to management attention.
• Responsible for all aspects of reporting to funding agencies include generic R&D funding, Israel consortia and EU programs as well as plans for US funding.
• Managing all collaboration projects to assure progress as planned, and all milestones, deliveries and reports are filed when needed and in sufficient details / quality.
• Aligning for funding opportunities with industry and Nova’s roadmap.
• Controlling Internal resources (time, HC, material, sub-contractor etc...) to meet plans.
• Assuring alignment between all projects and with other Nova activities.
• Bridges legal and financial issues, and internal and external technical reports.
• Preparing infrastructure and collaboration with other consortium companies to approve funding, report progress and manage collaboration.
• Working with technical leaders within Nova to integrate requirements for auditing of the projects.
• Technical background – Degree in physics or Engineering (Master degree is an advantage).
• Technical understanding of the semiconductor market, production process and metrology.
• Project management skills and ability to manage people in a matrix environment.
• Self-motivated and initiative to create new collaboration opportunities
• Experience working with the IIA (single company, MAGNET, generic R&D), EU Consortia (FP 7, Europe 2020, etc.) including: administration, reporting, technical examination, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship.
• Willingness to travel abroad (mainly Europe) around 6 times per year.
• Finance understating - an advantage.
Nova is a leading innovator and a key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing. Nova is headquartered in Rehovot and is listed at the top 20 companies in the Globs D&B the best HiTech companies to work at.
If you enjoy working with people who share the passion for science, math and innovation and have advanced problem resolution skills, you belong with us!