Senior Software Engineer for XPS
Candidate will perform software development tasks to support the entire technology stack necessary to create applications and modules. A successful candidate should have experience in developing and/or maintaining applications interfacing/interacting with various instrument/tool hardware components and have an interest in the complete product solution.
• Develop new features for hardware control which may include low level application code, domain application logic and/or UI code.
• Debug existing source code and fix bugs as needed.
• Work independently and collaboratively as needed.
• Take ownership of assigned tasks and finish in a timely manner
• Continuously learn and improve skills.
• Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard
• Minimum of a BS degree in Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, or a related science/engineering discipline
• Self-starter and quick learner of new technologies and processes
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills – possess the ability to translate business requirements into application code
• Ability to take ownership of the complete software development cycle from requirements gathering to design to implementation
• Team player who will work in a collaborative environment with users and the engineering team
• Passionate about well-designed software that is modifiable, efficient, reliable and meets coding standards