Engineering Department Manager plays a key role in the overall success of the Operations organization by leading the overall concurrent engineering functions within the company.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining and implementing strategy, policies, processes, standards, resources and budgets for overseeing various engineering activities and projects and making any necessary adjustments to ensure successful completion.
The engineering manager will be part of Operations management and reports to the Corporate VP of Operations.
• Define and implement strategy, policies, process and interfaces for Engineering department
• Define the Engineering department objectives and KPI aligned to the company and division objectives, provide progress report routinely
• Initiate system performance improvement in all aspects: performance, manufacturability, serviceability, testability and reliability
• Manage Transfer to Turn-key activities: provide SOW, tools, training, procedures, specifications etc.
• Technical management and support to the Supply chain department, participant in suppliers' audits
• Support production floor by analyzing and solving production failures, Improve manufacturing processes
• Ensure interdepartmental effective interfaces and communication channels
• Education: B.Sc or M.Sc in Electronics or Mechanics engineering
• 3-5 years’ experience in managing small-mid scale Engineering Department
• Vast understanding of Engineering processes and standards
• Background in multi-disciplinary industries, including electronics, optics, motion control, mechanics and software
• Experience in semiconductor equipment manufacturer – advantage
• Excellent skill to build efficient interfaces and motivate employees without direct authority, strong verbal and written communication skills