The goal of our team is designing high-end optical and electro-optical systems being core of the metrology tools for the semi-conductor industry. The complicated optical path involves various optical technologies and state-of-the-art optical modules.
In this role you will join Nova's Optics R&D Team. You will be designing and developing the advanced optical and electro-optical modules enabling unique capabilities of Nova OCD metrology tools.
- Designing, developing and testing systems based on optical and photonic technologies.
- Specification, selection and qualification of the optical and electro-optical components, modules and systems.
- Development and benchmarking system performance models, design and implementation of test procedures and setups.
- Responsible for technological modifications of the existing products to improve their performance.
- Working closely with hardware design teams to assist in overall development of the systems and modules.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• MSc or PhD in Physics / Optical Engineering
• At least 2 years of experience in hands-on design of optical / electro-optic systems from industry or academic.
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills
• Taking responsibility as a core team member
• Experience in design of multidisciplinary systems – advantage
• Experience in equipment for semiconductor industry – advantage
• MATLAB programming - advantage
• Knowledge of optical design software (Zemax, CodeV) - advantage