Senior Systems Engineer
NOVA MMD is a supplier of metrology equipment for the semiconductor manufacturing industry. Our technology involves a combination of x-ray and electron/ion optics, high-precision opto-mechanical systems, vacuum technology, electronic data acquisition systems, and advanced algorithms/machine learning for data analysis and system calibration.
The Advanced Technology department has an opening for a System Architect to lead the design, integration, and characterization of a novel metrology system in the early stages of development. The candidate will interact with both product marketing and the leads from all engineering disciplines to refine the system architecture, prove technical and commercial feasibility, and develop high level system requirements, designs and development strategy. This position provides the opportunity to have a significant impact in a rapidly growing division.
While we are principally seeking experienced candidates for a senior technical leadership position, we are also interested in exceptional early career candidates as well.
The ideal candidate for a senior level position will have significant experience with physics based error budgets and system models for complex/high performance instrumentation (for example metrology, spectroscopy or imaging systems).
• Serve as system architect and technical lead for a complex metrology system.
• Characterize system performance and make quantitative comparisons to entitlements.
• Coordinate the development and testing of complex data analysis models and algorithms.
• At a minimum, coordinate the activities of the cross functional scientific and engineering team responsible for the feasibility demonstration and prototype/product development. The ideal candidate would fully lead this team and be responsible for overall planning, execution, scheduling and budgets.
• In the future, drive cross functional projects for performance improvements or product enhancements.
• In the future, develop new measurement methods and capabilities on existing instrumentation. Find and propose ways to improve system performance.
• In the future, identify and develop and/or invent new technologies to expand the Nova product portfolio.
• Capability to fully understand concepts and operation of NOVA MMD Metrology products.
• Ability to work independently on integration and characterization of complex opto-mechanical systems.
• Strong instrumentation and measurement skills.
• Experience with and/or aptitude for optical systems, detectors, imaging systems, spectroscopy and metrology.
• Ability to work with engineers and scientists from a wide range of disciplines.
• Critical, scientific thinking with good intuition toward practical solutions.
• Knowledge of systems and software necessary to perform job function such as LabVIEW or MATLAB.
Education / Experience
• Postgraduate degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics or a related technical discipline with 0 to 10+ years experience (level of position will be commensurate with experience).
• Previous experience with Semiconductor Capital equipment a plus.