Senior Technical Support Engineer
Technical support engineers must understand and demonstrate knowledge of varied technologies and across multiple disciplines - ion optics, mass spectrometry, x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, secondary ion mass spectrometry, ion optics, high voltage and low voltage electronics, mechanical systems, high vacuum systems, power systems, and various software operating systems and applications. Technical support engineers need to be experienced and demonstrate capability in project management, escalation management, and management of new product introduction (NPI) programs from a service perspective.
These individuals must have experience in technical training development and delivery including the development of service support documentation, processes and procedures. Engineers must demonstrate the ability to interface with multifunctional groups to ensure the successful support, installation, qualification, maintenance and repair of Nova products at factory locations or at customer sites in a manner that meets both customer and Nova expectations.
1. Provide field engineer and customer support, including technical problem solving, diagnosis, repair, installation, modification and upgrade of systems as well as customer training.
2. Demonstrate ability to manage escalations and critical customer situations successfully.
3. Act as primary contact between factory, field team, and customers for collection and analysis of system performance data, collection of system reliability data, as well as system tracking and customer satisfaction.
4. Coordinate all service activities with field teams and customers to maximize system tool up time and performance.
5. Collect, prepare and formally communicate with the field, customers and headquarters, daily, weekly, monthly and other routine customer and factory required data analysis and quality metrics reporting.
6. Work closely with field support, engineering and operations to provide feedback on serviceability, reliability, ease of installation, upgrades and other customer / tool related quality metrics and issues.
7. Report design, reliability and/or maintenance issues to engineering.
8. Create, edit and review technical field and training materials and documentation.
9. Support beta programs at customer sites and at headquarters
10. Demonstrate ability to develop technical training programs and classes, as well as experience in delivery of training to field personal and customers including the successful mentoring and on-the-job training of new personnel.
1. This position requires manual and physical labor
2. Must be able to bend, crawl and work in and around systems and within semiconductor manufacturing facilities.
3. Must be able to lift, carry and move job related items.
1. This position requires global travel as needed; estimated travel time is at least 30% of the year
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
1. Minimum of five years of experience in a semiconductor manufacturing technical support role or equivalent experience in a similar technical business such as an analytical instrument capital equipment organization, is required.
2. Semiconductor metrology equipment or related equipment manufacturing experience is beneficial.