The position, based in Fremont, CA, will require the transfer of methods and processes developed in an engineering environment to customer sites for successful adoption of new metrology solutions. This individual will support testing and data analysis to establish metrology performance metrics for applications in advanced logic and memory technologies.
1. Use knowledge and experience in Materials Science, Semiconductor Fabrication and metrology to develop new applications using SIMS.
2. Gauge R&R testing to quantify system performance and dependencies using sound statistics.
3. Perform strategic customer demos to show the value of Nova’s solutions.
4. Support field applications teams on critical evaluations with improved analysis.
5. Prepare reports to assist in marketing solutions.
6. Travel about 30% to support customer evaluations.
7. Teach and train customers on Nova’s products & applications.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in metrology or process engineering is required. A graduate degree in Materials Science or related engineering discipline is preferred. Key areas of expertise include metrology, semiconductor processing, and modeling of spectral signatures to quantify material properties. Demonstrated skills in systematic problem solving and technical communication required.