Electrical Engineering Manager
NOVA MMD is a supplier of metrology equipment for the semiconductor manufacturing industry. Our technology involves a combination of x-ray and electron/ion optics, high-precision opto-mechanical systems, vacuum technology, and electronic data acquisition systems.
The Electrical Engineering Manager will work on the development of next generation NOVA metrology systems with a small group of electrical engineers as part of the Hardware Engineering organization. The candidate will interface with multifunctional groups to ensure the smooth development and deployment of new product solutions and capability, support ongoing product improvement as well as new platform development.
• Provide technical leadership in electronics and electronic systems. Oversee all aspects of electrical design activities ranging from continuous improvement projects to new platform designs
• Manage a small team of electrical engineers
• Lead all phases of electronics product development: architecture, design, development, verification and testing
• Perform detailed circuit analysis, design, simulation, layout, verification and test of mixed signal designs
• Develop and document specifications for electronic subsystems starting from overall system requirements
• Manage external contract design houses to design, layout, and build new designs
• M.S. in Electrical Engineering with 10 years of experience
• General analog circuit design and sensor signal conditioning
• Knowledgeable in Low Voltage, High Bandwidth, Low Noise Mixed Signal Circuits
o High precision (16bit, with +/- 1bit error), 1MHz bandwidth or 1V/1us slew rate analog and mixed signal design
o Ultra low current (1nA range), low noise current sensing circuit design.
• Knowledgeable in High Voltage, Low Bandwidth, Low Noise Circuits
o High voltage (+/- 1KV range) Bi-polar voltage regulator design, switch mode and linear mode; up to 10KV unipolar voltage regulator and COTS components
o High reliability analog and digital circuit design with isolated ground on high voltage platform up to 10 kV
o High voltage (<10 KV) packaging, cabling and component integration with strict voltage stability and noise requirements at low bandwidth (DC)
• FPGA design and implementation, high speed signal integrity
• Use of schematic capture and design simulation tools
• Experience in using electronics laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer...)
• Previous experience with Semiconductor Capital equipment a plus.