Nova Measuring Instruments is a leading innovator and a key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing.
Nova is looking for a scientist or engineer with strong applied math skills to participate in the research and development of Nova's products and solutions for the advanced process control market. The position will collaborate across disciplines to create, implement and evaluate data analysis algorithms, primarily for extracting metrology results from spectroscopy and other data sets, and for instrument calibration and automated instrument optimization. The algorithm engineer will prototype algorithms, typically in a scientific computing environment such as MATLAB or Python. The ideal candidate will possess, in addition to experience developing algorithms, familiarity with analytical, metrology or imaging instruments, and experience in an experimental field, such as physics, chemistry, materials science or biology. Experience with machine learning and big data is also important.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Develop, implement and test algorithms for new products and/or new applications.
a. Work with marketing and applications teams to define features, algorithm outputs and quality metrics.
b. Plan, execute and document validation tests.
c. Be the primary resource, where applicable, for machine learning and big data techniques.
2. Collaborate with the applications team and key customers to developed advanced algorithms that extend the capabilities of existing products.
a. validating algorithm functionality, understanding limits to capability,
investigation of improved or novel quantitation methods
3. Support engineering, manufacturing and applications teams to address issues related to data quality, calibration and algorithm performance.
• MS or PHD in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Math or related Engineering field.
• Excellent problem solving skills – the ability to algorithmically address complex problems which involve a mix of system/hardware with customer-related applications.
• Strong familiarity and demonstrated proficiency with Python and Matlab programming languages.
• Experience with machine learning/big data analytics.
• Knowledge and familiarity of statistical ‘best practices’ and methods for data analysis.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.