Applications Scientist (Optical Metrology)
Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd. is a leading provider of advanced, high-throughput metrology solutions for semiconductor manufacturing worldwide.
Used by over 80% of the largest integrated-circuit manufacturers, Nova’s solutions deliver the high-volume complex measurements required for effective process control.
Nova offers a selection of Integrated and Stand-Alone metrology platforms, which are complimented by the powerful NovaMARS® modeling engine. This flexible offering enables Nova to partner with semiconductor manufacturers throughout the entire product lifecycle; from application development to high-volume production.
Featuring a unique combination of Spectroscopic Reflectrometry and Scatterometry, Nova’s metrology solutions measure a wide variety of features and parameters including CD, trench depth, photoresist height, thickness and shape of complex layer stacks.
Founded in 1993, Nova’s headquarters are located in Israel and the company has offices in Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, China, United States, Japan and Europe.
Reports to: Applications Manager
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Develop optical metrology applications for Nova’s products in semiconductor manufacturing
• Support company’s activities on-site and at other key accounts as necessary – projects include beta evaluations, new product introduction, head-to-head evaluations, customer production ramp, etc.
• Provide on-site applications support to Nova’s strategic customer
• Solve application problems received from customer End Users, Applications Manager and Nova Service team in a timely manner
• Develop a good working relationship with Nova customers and Nova employees
• Test new features in Nova’s products and make any proposals for software/hardware changes to support new capabilities
• Train & update customers, peers in the applications group and other Nova employees
• Assist End Users and Nova service engineers with in troubleshooting of Nova products in the field
• Maintain a high level of knowledge of the semiconductor process and industry trends
• Remain involved and up-to-date with new application solutions and products
• Perform demos and make presentations to Nova customers as required
• Support development of new application features and assist in their market penetration
• Support various pre and post sales activities and assist in marketing activities
• Provide assistance with other key projects as necessary
• Be familiar with customer operating methods, procedures, and policy
• Adhere to customers’ site policies and guidelines with regard to performance and behavior
• Maintain customers’ information with the utmost confidentiality
• Be polite, cordial, considerate, and respectful when communicating with customers, vendors and fellow employees
• Perform at all times within the boundaries of all applicable laws
• Perform with the highest degree of integrity and dignity
• Perform at all times within the boundaries of Nova’s company policy
• Be able to work additional hours in order to complete the tasks, as required
• Be able to travel both domestic and international
• Support other duties as assigned