Student for the CTO Group
A highly capable student is required for the CTO group in Nova measuring instruments. Nova develops metrology products for the semiconductor industry, allowing measurement of the device geometry (transistors, memory devices etc.) with sub-nanometer accuracies. The ever-shrinking dimensions of these devices require a corresponding development of new and improved metrology technologies, which is the responsibility of the CTO group.
This student will work with the team responsible for identification, study and initial feasibility tests of future generation technologies. He will join the CTO team in two types of tasks:
1) Simulation Work: develop and run simulations to enable feasibility studies of new technologies or measurement approaches
2) Machine Learning: development of machine learning models to improve the performance of existing measurement techniques
As the study will focus on technologies in preliminary development stages, the student is expected to join the team in proposing new directions and approaches for research.
• Studies towards Master or Ph.D. degree or B.Sc. at advanced stages with high grades in Physics or Engineering
• 2-3 work days a week (required)
• Python and/or Matlab proficiency (required)
• Simulation experience (advantage)
• Knowledge of machine Learning (advantage)
• Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2018 and 2019.
• Because our 650 employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.
• Nova is rated as one of best 25 hi-tech companies to work for by both BDI and Dun & Bradstreet in 2019
• Our offices are pretty awesome (and so are the people who work in them)! Take a look
• Want to nail the interview? Get some background