Electrical Design Engineer
Nova is a leading innovator and key provider of dimensional and materials metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing. Nova provides its customers with the vital process insight and clarity needed to produce cutting-edge semiconductor devices for the most advanced markets.
Nova is a pioneer in industrializing x-ray and optical technologies for semiconductor inline process control, enabling advanced measuring of both dimensions and material properties throughout the chip fabrication lifecycle. Nova’s holistic metrology approach combines robust high-precision hardware with the finest software modeling which interlaces machine learning and big data within integrated and stand-alone configurations. Our unique portfolio enables semiconductor manufacturers to gain deeper insight throughout the fabrication process while increasing yields and shortening time to market.
The Electrical PCB Design Engineer will work with development and implementation of component level analog and mixed signal electronic systems on printed circuit boards (PCB). Major responsibilities include design of analog/digital/mixed signal electronic circuits and blocks, component selection, schematic capturing, leadership and guidance of PCB layouts, bring-up and debug of boards received from fab houses.
• Detailed electronic circuit analysis and design
• Analog circuit simulation
• Schematic capture of component level analog/mixed signal circuits
• PCB layout development and/or guidance
• PCB verification and bring-up
• Support of production, system, FW design engineers
• Design and implementation of cable assemblies including flex-cables
• Document circuits, layouts, rework instructions, etc.
• Very good general analog/mixed signal circuit design
• Knowledge in Low Voltage, High Bandwidth, Low Noise circuits
• Knowledge in High Voltage, Low Bandwidth circuits
• Knowledge of OPAMP circuits, DC-DC power circuits
• Knowledge of mixed signal MCU/FPGA based control systems
• Good knowledge of all PCB design cycle steps starting with schematic capture, PCB layout, PCB layers/materials, PCB fabrication and component assembly.
• Ability to work with PCB fabrication vendors.
• Experience in using electronics laboratory equipment, electronics system bring-up.
• Ability to test and characterize designs in Scripting environment (Python, MATLAB)
• RF system fundamentals, good knowledge of signal integrity in high speed digital circuits
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience
• Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
• Good communication skills and ability to work with system, production, R&D engineers
• Ability to research, evaluate and characterize electronic components on test stand
• Ability to work with eval/dev kits, rapid prototyping skills