Field Service Engineer (Manassas, VA)
Reports to: Service Manager
Nova Measuring Instruments, Inc. is looking for a Field Service Engineer to support our customer in Manassas, VA. Relocations within the US will be considered. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter, has a positive attitude, is a team player and can support our systems at the customer site in a professional manner.
Nova is a publicly traded company and was founded in May 1993. The successful candidate may have to travel to our headquarters in Israel for formal training once a year and must be willing to travel extensively domestically to support other sites across the US as necessary.
The FSE will perform engineering and technical activities, while utilizing company’s R&D teams to direct technology development of new products.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Support Nova and End Users service as defined under Nova’s warranty and service support agreements.
• Maintain proper reporting methods for all activities of customer support as defined by the Service Manager.
• Assist in new equipment installations, “add-ons,” and upgrades.
• Provide feedback to the US headquarters based on experience gained with customers.
Reports and controls:
• Produce a weekly report on assigned customers/systems covering:
o System’s status
o Pareto charts
o Customer’s relevant information
o Inventory consumption and levels (monthly)
• Provide customer training and retraining. Ensure an adequate level of know how among customers’ ‘users’.
• Manage Nova’s parts inventory at the locations assigned to this position.
• Assist in setting Nova’s spare parts stock policy and maintain proper levels of stock in accordance with that policy.
• Repair parts and components according to general service policy.
• Verify that spare systems are stored properly by customers and are available without delay when needed.
• Provide sales support and sales related information.
• Collaborate with sales and customer on-site evaluations.
• Be familiar with customer operating methods, procedures, and policy.
• Adhere to customers’ site policies and guidelines with regards to safety, performance and behavior.
• Maintain customers’ information with the utmost confidentiality.
• When in doubt, always verify with and obtain approval from the proper customer authority prior to taking any action.
• Be polite, cordial, considerate, and respectful when communicating with customers.
• Provide customer support during working schedule defined by service contract. In addition, be prepared to support the customer beyond the defined working schedule as required.
• Willingness to support compressed work week schedule.
• Successfully demonstrate ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Perform at all times within the boundaries of all applicable laws.
• Perform with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Perform at all times within the boundaries of Nova’s service procedures and manuals.
• This position requires that you become authorized to both enter and work on the customer premises. Therefore, your employment with Nova is conditioned upon this authorization, which may require a background check and drug testing
• BS in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude with independent troubleshooting ability.
• First level software troubleshooting and support
• Previous experience working with multi-discipline semiconductor manufacturing equipment, metrology
• Understanding of CMP, ETCH, or Litho processes.
• Knowledge in optics, GUI SW design, and mechanical components is also necessary
• The FSE should have working knowledge of integration with different equipment platforms, communication protocols such as SECS/ HSMS
• Understanding of semiconductor practices, safety, ergonomics, and yield requirements.
Nova is an Equal Opportunity Employer.