We are looking for a
Field Service Engineer
Our Global Business Group at Nova is looking for a Field Service Engineer who is a self-starter, has a positive attitude, is a team player, and can support our systems at the customer site in a professional manner. The FSE will perform engineering and technical activities, while utilizing company’s R&D teams to direct technology[y development of new products.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022 & 2023
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
- Implement the Customer Support Policy for the Nova End User. Supervise, maintain, and support Nova systems in the field
- Support Nova and End Users service as defined under Nova’s warranty and service support agreements
- Maintain proper reporting methods for all activities of customer support as defined by the US Customer Support Manager
- Maintain Nova’s parts inventory under the position’s control. Maintain proper level of stock in accordance with Nova’s spare parts stock policy, as set from time to time
- Assist in new equipment installations, “add-ons,” and upgrades
- Provide feedback to the US headquarters based on experience gained with customers
- Employ FSRs for all service activities
- Produce a weekly report on assigned customers/systems covering: System’s status, pare to chart, forwarding of all FSRs, customer’s relevant information, sales support issues, and inventory consumption and levels (monthly)
- Provide customer training and retraining. Ensure an adequate level of know how among customers’ ‘users’.
- Manage Nova’s parts inventory at the locations assigned to this position.
- Assist in setting Nova’s spare parts stock policy and maintain proper levels of stock in accordance with that policy.
- Repair parts and components according to general service policy.
- Verify that spare systems are stored properly by customers and are available without delay when needed.
- Provide sales support and sales related information.
- Collaborate with sales and customer on-site evaluations.
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Working knowledge of integration with different equipment platforms, communication protocols such as SECS/ HSMS
- Understanding of semiconductor practices, safety, ergonomics, and yield requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or a minimum of 5 years of pertinent experience in the field.
- 5 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer
- Previous experience working with multi-discipline semiconductor manufacturing equipment, metrology
- Knowledge in optics, GUI SW design, and mechanical components
- Ability to travel domestically and Internationally