We are looking for an
Application Scientist, Boise
The Global Business Group at Nova is looking for an Application Scientist who is a highly technical, motivated individual to support our growth in the metrology market. The Application Engineer is someone who will engage with Nova customers to develop high-value, innovative optical metrology applications in semiconductor manufacturing; apply robust statistical techniques to optimize applications for the high-volume manufacturing (HVM) fab environment: and provide region support for new product introduction and evaluation activities (beta, head-to-head).
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022 & 2023
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
What will you do as an Application Scientist?
- Develop optical metrology applications and provide on-site support to Nova’s end users.
- Quantify metrology system performance by employing sound statistical techniques.
- Perform new product or feature demo in the field. Provide report and training to customers.
- Assist end-users and Nova service engineers in troubleshooting Nova products in the field.
- Help gather next generation metrology needs. Provide feedback to HQ.
- Support development of new application features and assist market penetration.
- Actively participate in customer presentations to support product promotion.
- Joint publications with customers, application notes, and technical reports
What will make you succeed in the role?
- A strong background in advanced metrology technologies, especially optical technologies highly desired Identify and lead penetration efforts with new products to increase the Nova market share.
- Extensive hands-on fab experience and strong background in semiconductor manufacturing processes (lithography, CMP, deposition, wet and dry etch)
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Physics, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant experience.
- Experience with semiconductor process, metrology, or inspection is preferred.
- Extensive hands-on fab experience and strong background in semiconductor manufacturing processes (CMP, deposition, or wet and dry etch preferred)
- A strong background in advanced metrology technologies, especially optical technologies highly desired
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work independently with high level direction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with strong leadership skills are required.
- Good ownership and self-driven ability to drive the assigned project meeting the goal.
- Must be fluent in English language, both writing and verbal communications.