We are looking for an
Application Scientist (Albany)
The Global Business Group at Nova is looking for an Application Engineer who is a highly technical, motivated individual to support our growth in the metrology market. The Application Engineer is someone who will engage with Nova customers to develop high-value, innovative optical metrology applications in semiconductor manufacturing; apply robust statistical techniques to optimize applications for the high-volume manufacturing (HVM) fab environment: and provide region support for new product introduction and evaluation activities (beta, head-to-head).
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Global Business Group:
- Our Global Business Group is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as an Application Scientist?
- Develop metrology applications for Nova’s products and provide on-site support to end users.
- Quantify metrology system performance by employing sound statistical techniques
- Support development of new application features and assist in their market penetration
- Assist end-users and Nova service engineers in troubleshooting Nova products in the field.
- Actively support technology development, customer presentations, and the sales process
- Advance joint publications with customers, application notes, and technical reports
- Help gather next generation metrology needs and effectively communicate to HQ
- Travel in US for evaluations, periodic application activities, and tool acceptances
- Train and update customers, and perform strategic customer demonstrations of Nova solutions
What will make you succeed in the role?
- A strong background using optical metrology, spectroscopy, or spectrometric analysis techniques to solve challenging problems in technology development or product manufacturing.
- Experience with the development of new products and penetration of novel technology to solve challenging applications.
- Familiarity with semiconductor manufacturing processes (lithography, CMP, deposition, wet and dry etch
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field
- Extensive hands on experience with advanced metrology technologies and instrumental analysis, especially mass spectrometry and optical technologies is highly desired.
- A strong understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes (CMP, deposition, and etch)
- At least 3 years experience performing technology development or R&D
- Experience generating reports and presenting results within customer focused team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work independently with high level direction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with strong leadership skills are required
- Must be fluent in English language, both writing and verbal communications
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!
If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at Talents@novami.com