We are looking for an
The Material Metrology Division at Nova is looking for an Electrical Engineer who is a highly technical, motivated individual to support our growth in the semiconductor material metrology segment in Fremont, CA. The Electrical Engineer is someone who will work in the electrical engineering team to develop high performance high reliability electronics and electrical systems for existing and next generation NOVA metrology systems. The electrical engineer will participate in a team of electrical engineers and designers in a culture that values respect, curiosity, and execution with the vision to produce high quality electronics.
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
What will you do as an Electrical Engineer?
- Work in a dynamic environment and collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. system, software and project management) to deliver PCBAs, electrical/electronic systems and test fixtures
- Perform electronic circuit analysis, simulation and design
- Schematic capture and layout design for analog, digital and mixed-signal circuits
- Perform diagnostic and troubleshooting from component to system level
- Design and implement electrical design verification and characterization tests
- Collaborate with firmware engineers and assist with board testing and hardware bring up
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- 3-5 years of work experience, including internships
- Proficient in analog, digital and mixed-signal circuit analysis and design
- Proficient in PCB CAD tools, preferably Altium
- Proficient in circuit simulation tools, e.g. LTSpice or Pspice
- Proficient in high voltage power supplies up to 5KV
- Proficient in diagnostic and troubleshooting from component to system level utilizing oscilloscopes, waveform/logic analyzers, and lab equipment
- Excellent knowledge of complex system level debugging and root cause analysis
- Hands on capability to design and implement electrical design verification and characterization tests with solid understanding of hardware design and manufacturing test parameters
- Generating test plans for functional and qualification testing, execution of test scripts required for specific test phases, preferably Python
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!
If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at Talents@novami.com