We are looking for an
Nova Ltd. is a leading innovator and key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing. Our products are used in-line by leading chip foundries as well as original equipment manufacturers. Nova’s technology serves critical sectors of patterning, thin film deposition, CMP and diffusion in leading logic and memory fabs worldwide.
The Material Metrology Division (MMD) at Nova, based in Fremont CA, is looking for a highly technical, independent, and self-motivated individual to join the Applications team to support our rapid growth in the semiconductor materials metrology. The Applications Engineer is someone who will help develop, sustain, and proliferate applications using Nova’s in-line X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) and X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) metrology systems. He/She will engage with Nova customers to develop high-value and innovative solutions to solve metrology challenges in high-volume manufacturing (HVM) fab environment.
Pay Range: $100,000- $150,000 Annually
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
What will you do as an Application Engineer?
- Be a customer centric applications and product expert
- Promote best known methods for Nova’s XPS/XRF and SIMS solutions
- Seek out opportunities to proliferate Nova’s metrology solutions
- Perform strategic customer demonstrations of Nova solutions
- Support development of new application features and assist in their market penetration
- Manage customer requests and requirements in a timely and professional manner
- Train and update field applications engineers
- Support installation, maintenance and sustaining of Nova’s products
- Assist end-users and Nova service engineers in troubleshooting Nova products in the field
- Work with customer on joint publications and technical reports
- Be able to travel up to 25%, both domestic and international
- Degrees in Engineering, Physics, Material Science or relevant fields. Graduate degree preferred.
- At least 2-year experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Key areas of expertise include XPS/XRF, SIMS, metrology, and semiconductor processing
- Hands-on fab experience and strong background in semiconductor manufacturing processes (lithography, CMP, deposition, wet and dry etch) preferred
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and be able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with strong leadership skills are required
- Good work ethics with the highest degree of integrity and dignity
- Must be fluent in English language, both writing and verbal communications