The Global Business Group at Nova is looking for an Application Engineer who is a highly technical, motivated individual to support our growth in the semiconductor dimensional metrology segment in Austin, TX. The Application Engineer is someone who will engage with Nova customers to develop high-value, innovative Nova’s in-line X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) and X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) metrology systems and optical metrology applications in semiconductor manufacturing; apply robust statistical techniques to optimize applications for the high-volume manufacturing (HVM) fab environment: and provide region support for new product introduction and evaluation activities (beta, head-to-head).
The ideal candidate for a senior level position will have significant experience with Final Test of semiconductor capital equipment products in a production environment.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Global Business Group:
- Our Global Business Group is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
- Develop XPS and optical metrology applications for R&D and HVM fabs and provide on-site support to Nova’s end users
- Quantify metrology system performance by employing sound statistical techniques
- Travel in US for evaluations, periodic application activities, and tool acceptances
- Train and update customers, and perform strategic customer demonstrations of Nova solutions
- Assist end-users and Nova service engineers in troubleshooting Nova products in the field
- Help gather next generation metrology needs and effectively communicate to HQ
- Support development of new application features and assist in their market penetration
- Actively participate in customer presentations to support the sales process
- Joint publications with customers, application notes, and technical report
What will make you succeed in the role?
- A strong background in advanced metrology technologies, especially optical technologies highly desired Identify and lead penetration efforts with new products to increase the Nova market share
- Extensive hands-on fab experience and strong background in semiconductor manufacturing processes (lithography, CMP, deposition, wet and dry etch)
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or relevant field
- At least 3-year experience with semiconductor equipment required
- Extensive hands-on fab experience and strong background in semiconductor manufacturing processes (lithography, CMP, deposition, wet and dry etch preferred)
- Key areas of expertise include OCD Modeling, XPS/XRF, metrology, and semiconductor processing
- A strong background in advanced metrology technologies, especially optical technologies highly desired
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be able to work independently with high level direction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with strong leadership skills are required
- Must be fluent in English language, both writing and verbal communications
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!