Big Data/Machine Learning Data Science Support Engineer
The Data Analytics team at Nova is looking for a Big Data/Machine Learning Data Science Support Engineer to work with Field Applications, and Data Scientists and Software Engineers to validate and deploy machine learning solutions on Big Data platforms. For you, it is exciting to support and build customer excitement through supporting their use cases and help them see the value of algorithms and data that produce results, using Machine Learning and Big Data. In this role, you will work with the development team on the rollout of complicated Machine Learning algorithms to Big Data infrastructure and support customers as they take on and use these via web-based user interfaces.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
- Collaborate onsite at various customer locations with the Nova applications team and key customers to evaluate and validate advanced algorithms that extend the capabilities of existing products or help sell new ones
- Support engineering and onsite applications teams to address issues related to data quality, calibration and algorithm performance
- Work as part of a team to analyze requirements, validate and deploy changes to meet these requirements in a Big Data system
- Work with marketing and applications teams to define features, algorithm outputs and quality metrics
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and finish in a timely manner
- Continuously learn and improve skills
- Apply significant attention to detail to ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest standard
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Strong applied math skills
- Familiarity with analytical, metrology or imaging instruments, and experience in an experimental field, such as physics, chemistry, materials science or biology, preferably from an Applications perspective
- Experience with machine learning and big data
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Advanced degree and/or experience in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Math or related Engineering field – BS/MS accepted with more experience
- Experience or aptitude for the Field Applications role, focused on developing new machine learning solutions that solves customer issues. This means: 1) experience building deep domain knowledge on system designs within those parameters, 2) help the customer see the ‘win’ that can be achieved with Nova machine learning solutions, and 3) support the customer through the evaluation and validation process.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills – the ability to understand and articulate complex problems which involve a mix of system/hardware affecting customer-related applications, and communicate these to the development team
- Familiarity with Python and Matlab programming languages and their capabilities
- Experience with machine learning/big data analytics
- Knowledge and familiarity of statistical ‘best practices’ and methods for data analysis
- Team player who will work in a collaborative environment with users and the engineering team
- Knowledge of the semiconductor process and process control market and technologies
- System level familiarity with spectroscopy, metrology, or imaging systems
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.