Big Data/Machine Learning Software Engineer
The Data Analytics team at Nova is looking for a Big Data/Machine Learning Software Engineer to work with Data Scientists and other Software Engineers to gather requirements and implement solutions. For you, it is exciting to see your code interacting with algorithms and data to produce results via complex interactions in Big Data systems. In this role, you will work to adapt new and existing Machine Learning algorithms to Big Data microservices and build functionality to access those via web-based user interfaces.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Big Data Machine Learning Software Engineer?
- Implement Machine Learning solutions that live on Big Data systems, with input and guidance from Data Scientists and the algorithms they develop to effect Machine Learning
- Work as part of a Scrum team to analyze requirements, scope, estimate, implement, and test changes to meet these requirements in a Big Data system
- Debug existing source code, analyze logs and fix bugs as needed
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and finish in a timely manner
- Continuously learn and improve skills
- Apply significant attention to detail to ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest standard
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Extensive experience in Python software development
- Experience configuring, deploying, and monitoring microservices in a Big Data system
- Experience with User Experience (UX) and implementation of python approaches to meet UX needs
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Test driven development
- Database application development and data modeling techniques
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- Self-starter and quick learner of new technologies and processes – we are using some technologies not easily found in current skill portfolios, so this is the most important requirement! If you are under-skilled in some of the other requirements below, evidence of your ability to learn quickly will be seriously considered.
- 5+ years of software development experience in Agile environment
- 5+ years of coding and development experience using Python 2/3, preferably using OO approach
- 3-5 years of Big Data deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of microservices, and interactions with the following Big Data concepts: extract/transform/load workflows, kafka or other message queues, hive/hadoop and Big Data storage including NOSQL solutions, Impala, Hue, Big Data configuration and monitoring using several technologies
- Extensive experience working in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Exposure to web-based application development – optimally Dash (with Python), React or Angular to facilitate workflows and graphic visualization
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills – possess the ability to translate business requirements into application code
- Ability to take ownership of the complete software development cycle from requirements gathering to design to implementation
- Team player who will work in a collaborative environment with users and the engineering team
- Passionate about well-designed software that is modifiable, efficient, reliable and meets coding standards
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020