We are looking for a
Field Service Engineer
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to specifically oversee our Metrion tool. Engineers must demonstrate the ability to interface with Tech Support, multifunctional groups to ensure the successful support, installation, qualification, maintenance, and repair of Nova products at factory locations or at customer sites in a manner that meets both customer and Nova expectations.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022 & 2023
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
What will you do as a Field Service Engineer?
- Serve as product expert of a novel SIMS (Secondary ion mass spectrometry) tool at one of our key customer accounts to meet equipment specs defined in warranty and service contract agreement.
- Primary contact with customer’s engineer team for collection and analysis of system performance data (uptime, MTBF, MTTR, etc.)
- Responsible for first line troubleshooting and repair of HW/SW issues. In case of escalation, collaborate with division tech support and product team to resolve tool issues in a timely manner.
- Accountable for new equipment installations and upgrades.
- Provide feedback to division based on experience and feedback from customers for continuous improvement.
- Document best known methods (BKM).
- Provide basic training to end users.
- Manage Nova’s parts inventory at the locations assigned to this position
- Follow customer site operating methods, procedures, and policy
- Maintain customers’ information with the utmost confidentiality
- Bachelor / Master’s degree, experience on surface characterization techniques (SIMS preferred)
- This position requires physical labor often working in cleanroom environment. Must be able to bend, crawl and work in and around systems and within semiconductor manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge in optics and mechanical components. Must be hands-on.
- Be polite, cordial, considerate, and respectful when communicating with customers
- Travel for training and support: 10-15%
- Able to move hardware components weighing up to 50 pounds
- Semiconductor metrology equipment or related equipment manufacturing experience is beneficial