We are looking for an
Nova Korea is looking for Applications Engineer of Material Metrology Department (MMD)
- We invite you to join our dreams and winners! Brilliant high-aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You'll be joining the NOVA MMD applications team in Korea.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with process engineers and metrology engineers in Semiconductor fabs to provide Metrology solutions related to Material metrology products. The Applications Engineer is someone who will help develop, sustain, and proliferate applications using Nova’s in-line X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) and X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) metrology systems. He/She will engage with Nova customers to develop high-value and innovative solutions to solve metrology challenges in high-volume manufacturing (HVM) fab environment.
- Be a customer centric applications and product expert
- Promote best known methods for Nova’s XPS/XRF solutions
- Seek out opportunities to proliferate Nova’s X-ray solutions
- Perform strategic customer demonstrations of Nova solutions
- Support development of new application features and assist in their market penetration
- Manage customer requests and requirements in a timely and professional manner
- Train and update field applications engineers
- Support installation, maintenance and sustaining of Nova’s X-ray products
- Assist end-users and Nova service engineers in troubleshooting Nova products in the field
- Work with customer on joint publications and technical reports
- MS, BS, or PhD in Electrical or Electronics Engineering/Materials Engineering/Physics/ Chemistry, and Applied science – Recent college graduates possible to apply
- Excellent communication capability in Korean and English - advanced or intermediate levels
- Possible to travel internationally – up to 30%
- Individuals should be able to work independently requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver effective technical presentations to internal and external audiences
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Metrology equipment customer support or similar complex systems, along with extensive hands-on fab experience
- Experience and study of X-ray technology including XPS/XRF/XRD is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of statistics, basic semiconductor device physics, numerical analysis, and mathematical optimization
- Preferred fluent English skill – both written and spoken English