The algorithm group at Nova in Korea is looking for a Data Scientist (field algorithm engineer) to be their front-man on the customer site.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
- You’ll be joining the modeling team:
- The team works closely with the customers and the foreign accounts, identifies the needs in the field, and develop solutions based on the data on site.
- The R&D is based in HQ but the team is international, located at multiple sites, with multi-cultural diversity, all united with the passion to optimize algorithms, especially in the ML regime.
What will you do as a Data Scientist (field algorithm engineer)?
- Perform R&D on metrology using multiple tools like simulations and extensive analysis of data.
- Work under headquarters’ R&D algorithms and closely with application organizations.
- Algorithm and application development in the areas of machine learning and physical modeling.
- Write and present detailed reports and reviews.
- Write specifications, design documents, presentations.
- Be expert on Nova tools – MARS, NovaFit, and the metrology tools.
- Investigate new tools and features adopted by advanced customers for advanced nodes.
- What will make you succeed in the role?
- The capability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Be initiative and able to work independently.
- PhD/MsC in physics or similar (material science, physics, semiconductor, electrical engineering-optics, math or similar).
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Permanently located at advanced customer R&D site.
- Travel to Israel – for relatively long periods of time (up to 1 month each time).
- Programming – python proficient.
- Machine learning and data science experience - advantage
- Experience in the semiconductor industry – advantage
• Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
• Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.