Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst
Nova is seeking a Financial Analyst to ensure that Nova makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details and contribute constant quality reporting, while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As the Financial Analyst for the Materials Metrology Division (MMD), reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Operations, you will support the financial planning processes including the monthly close process and the budgeting/forecasting process for our full P&L. The ideal candidate will be comfortable generating frequent financial reports for senior management. They should track financial information in a well-organized manner and assist the team in all aspects related to finance at the organization.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst?
- Support our FP&A effort with financial modeling and tools to support critical financial decisions in our business operations
- Create, manage, and automate operational reports and dashboards to monitor the financial performance of the division; manage tools for evaluating new and existing strategic initiatives
- Partner closely with our different cross-functional teams daily to help us make high-impact business decisions
- Own the process and analysis supporting internal reporting processes for finance
- Preparation of monthly budget versus actuals reporting and variance analysis
- Analysis will also include: Cash Flow Forecasting, Revenue Forecasting, Margin Analysis, Inventory Analysis and R&D investment
- Support analytics during the preparation of executive, board, and investor level presentations
- Drive the quarterly forecast process. Support the annual budget and reforecast process
- Participate in process improvements and financial system enhancements
- Work collaboratively across business lines to help facilitate effective tools and processes and assist in executing critical financial initiatives
- Ad hoc financial analyses and projects, as needed
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance with 2+ years experience
- 2-3 years of work experience in FP&A, accounting, or strategic finance
- Strong financial modeling skills are a must, together with demonstrated capabilities in building financial forecasts
- Strong organization, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills with a demonstrated desire for continuous improvement
- Understanding of financial accounting systems and processes
- Ability to work cross-functionally effectively and collaboratively with demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize options, and anticipate challenges
- Strong analytical and advanced excel skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Experience in technology or related space is a plus
- Ability to execute in a dynamic, high speed and demanding environment by demonstrating organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.