The Material Metrology Division at Nova is looking for a Firmware Engineer who is a highly technical, motivated individual to support our growth in the semiconductor material metrology segment in Fremont, CA. The Firmware Engineer is someone who will work in the electrical engineering team to develop high performance high reliability electronics and electrical systems for existing and next generation NOVA metrology systems. The Firmware engineering will participate in a team of electrical engineers and designers in a culture that values respect, curiosity, and execution with the vision to produce high quality electronics.
What will you do as a Firmware Engineer?
- Design, develop, integrate, and test firmware for next generation digital platform for NOVA MMD products.
- Code and verify embedded system for ARM and STM32 architecture
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution
- Collaborate with hardware engineers and assist with board testing and hardware bring up
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related technical field
- Must have project or work experience working at the hardware/software interface: reading and writing registers, experience with assembly, comfortable with hardware specs
- Must have experience working compiling C-code, including resolving compiler and linker errors found in the source code
- Must be comfortable working in a laboratory environment and using test and measurement equipment to confirm coding performance
- Up to 2 years work experience, including internships
- Developing technical skills and area of study in, C/C++, Python
- Motivated, self-starting, and eager to learn
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
· Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
· Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!