Product Development Technical Writer(Contract) - CONTRACT
The Product Development team at Nova is looking for a System-level Technical Writer with strong technical background and interest in hands-on instrument operation. He/She will support the development of leading metrology equipment for the Semiconductor industry. This person is responsible for the creation of both internal and external customer-facing documentation of the entire system. He/She will be working together with expert system and application engineers, developers as well as with other technical writers in creating quality documentation both for end-users and service/manufacturing engineers.
Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software, and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
What will you do as a Product Development Technical Writer?
- Will become an active, hands-on user of the instrument at advanced application level and will understand the underlaying physical, material and metrology processes.
- She/He can quickly comprehend technical details of the tool, structure and convey information – in various media – to diverse target audiences.
- Pro-actively seeks out the required information, collaborates with system experts, designers and integrates information from various sources – including existing documentation of previous tool generations - into structured, transferable knowledge.
- Must be able to create high-quality customer-facing user manuals AND inward facing manufacturing and service documentation.
- Develop and employ efficient methods for documenting processes and know-how in a material specific and customer appropriate fashion. This may include conventional written documentation, photos, videos, newsletter, models, and mock-ups.
- Coordinate and organize other documentation contributors and compile the material into a comprehensive, system-wide documentation library.
- Can accurately estimate the required resources and time to accomplish a documentation task and delivers accordingly.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Electrical, or other hard science/technology area is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in semiconductor, medical or other large high-tech capital equipment industry is a must
- Technical background and/or education in vacuum systems, x-ray or charged particle physics is a strong plus
- Experience with MS Word, Flare, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Photoshop – for creating documents
- Some experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Agile is helpful
- Exhibits proficient use of computers, Windows operating systems, lab electronic measurement equipment; requires knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) to perform job function and working knowledge Agile software is a plus
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Highly organized
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Take ownership of tasks and follow them to completion
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!