Manufacturing Engineer/Technical Writer
The Operations and Manufacturing team at Nova is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to perform technical writing in conjunction with Production personnel, Engineers and Scientists to support our industry leading metrology equipment. The Manufacturing Engineer/Technical writer is responsible for documenting the company’s manufacturing processes for semiconductor metrology capital equipment. Responsible for Work Instructions (WI), Best Known Method (BKM), and procedures in support of the production, service, and usage of metrology products. Will also provide customer facing Applications and Service documentation/manuals. Shall be involved in NPI for new products and modules and responsible for CIP of existing products.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software, and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a competitive and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Manufacturing Engineer/Technical Writer?
- Must be able to create customer-facing user manuals AND inward facing manufacturing and service documentation
- Provide real time technical support to the manufacturing group – especially in resolving issues around process’ and documentation. Perform root-cause analysis and implement changes via ECO process
- Pragmatic understanding of precision manufacturing process’, materials and measurement capabilities
- Understanding of electronics, test fixtures and out-sourced sub-assembly documentation requirements
- Implement incremental design improvements to products. Perform appropriate test and validation and production implementation
- Develop appropriate and efficient methods for documenting process’ which is material specific and customer appropriate. May include classic documentation, photos, videos, newsletter, models, and mock-ups
- Implement manufacturing WI and tooling needed to meet customer specifications and company targets. Implement technical specifications for critical manufacturing steps
- Own Documentation Quality - BOM accuracy, Drawings, WI. Drive ECR/ECO implementation and process improvements
- Coordinate NPI and project management of related activities – working in cross-functional teams with R&D/Engineering/Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Quality. Follow PLC guidelines and participate in Gate Review process
- Drive changes to achieve goals for Quality, Cost and Cycle-Time improvements
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience in either semiconductor metrology or with ion/electron beam systems and/or high vacuum equipment used in semiconductor capital equipment systems
- Experience with MS Word, Flare, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Photoshop – for creating documents
- Some experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Agile is helpful
- Experience with S2/S8, CE, Customer Compliance and QMS systems.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Exhibit proficient use computers, Windows operating systems, lab electronic measurement equipment; requires knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) to perform job function and working knowledge Agile software is a plus
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Highly organized
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 202
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.