The Operations and Manufacturing team at Nova is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work with our Production personnel, Engineers, and Scientists to produce our industry leading metrology equipment. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the company’s manufacturing processes for semiconductor metrology capital equipment. Responsible for the design of the company’s products as related to manufacturability and performance to specifications, as well as product manufacturing process and fixturing. Will be responsible for documentation availability and accuracy. Involved in NPI for new products and modules and responsible for CIP of existing products.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a competitive and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Manufacturing Engineer?
- Provide real time technical support to the manufacturing group, resolving assembly, integration and final test issues. Perform root-cause analysis and implement changes via ECO process
- Pragmatic understanding of precision manufacturing process’, materials and measurement capabilities.
- Understanding of electronics, test fixtures and out-sourced sub-assembly documentation requirements.
- Implement incremental design improvements to products. Perform appropriate test and validation and production implementation.
- Ensure engineering design and specifications are in place for all components, subassemblies, systems, products and options. Implement IQC process and fixtures as required.
- Implement manufacturing WI and tooling needed to meet customer specifications and company targets. Implement technical specifications for critical manufacturing steps.
- Own Documentation Quality - BOM accuracy, Drawings, WI. Drive ECR/ECO implementation and process improvements.
- Coordinate NPI and project management of related activities – working in cross-functional teams with R&D/Engineering/Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Quality. Follow PLC guidelines and participate in Gate Review process.
- Drive changes to achieve goals for Quality, Cost and Cycle-Time improvements.
- Essential Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience in either semiconductor metrology or with ion/electron beam systems and/or high vacuum equipment used in semiconductor capital equipment systems
- Experience with SolidWorks, Autocad, Agile.
- Experience with S2/S8, CE, Customer Compliance and QMS systems.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Exhibit proficient use computers, Windows operating systems, lab electronic measurement equipment; requires knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) to perform job function and working knowledge Agile software is a plus
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Highly organized
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.