The Operations and Manufacturing team at Nova is looking for a Production Technician – with expertise in precision mechanical assembly and test to work with our Production personnel, Engineers and Scientists to produce our industry leading metrology equipment. The Production Technician is responsible for subassembly build and test, system integration and alignment for the equipment prior to handoff to final test process.
The ideal candidate for a senior level position will have significant experience as a Production Technician of semiconductor capital equipment products in a production environment.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a competitive and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Production Technician?
- Own the quality, performance and delivery schedule of each subassembly build and test
- Complete assembly and test tasks aligned with the build schedule
- Follow Work Instructions and laboratory Best Practices
- Document all test results
- Perform the alignment, calibration and testing of all critical performance functions of the system
- Manage the hand-off from assembly into integration and final test assuring quality requirements are met
- Drive continuous improvement projects (CIP) and actions throughout the manufacturing process and manufacturing facility
- Improve and develop the manufacturing process work instructions to accommodate the CIP projects results
- Write procedures
- Participate in the preparation for packing and shipment of the tool
- Ensure compliance to quality requirements and configuration expected
- Work with Engineering and R&D to develop new features and new components of the products. Act as the manufacturing representative in design reviews and PLC (Product Life Cycle) meetings
- Develop fixturing and procure and maintain tooling to support product manufacturing
- Drive changes to achieve goals for Quality, Cost and Cycle-Time improvements
- Minimum of 10 years Product Technician experience in either semiconductor metrology or with ion/electron beam systems and/or high vacuum equipment used in semiconductor capital equipment systems
- Experience with MRP Systems and Agile
- Experience with Quality Systems, Quality Circles and QMS systems
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in Software, Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Exhibit proficient use computers, Windows operating systems, lab electronic measurement equipment; requires knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) to perform job function and working knowledge Agile software is a plus o Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Highly organized
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.