The Operations and Manufacturing team at Nova is looking for a Production Manager to work with our Production personnel, Supply Chain, Engineers and Scientists to produce our industry leading metrology equipment.
Our Production Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Operations, must be able to oversee the final assembly, calibration, testing and validation of a complex, industrial scientific instrument. Our instruments utilize electron and x-ray beam technologies in clean vacuum systems and are fully automated to our end-users. It is expected that the person in this position quickly becomes familiar with the core technologies involved and will be able to handle unforeseen problems and issues arising during the manufacturing process. The Production Manager will be hands-on on the manufacturing floor and have excellent debugging and problem-solving skills firmly grounded in data collection, analysis, and systematic thinking. He/She will be able to train and guide a world class team of production engineers and technicians in close collaboration with the rest of the Operations and Engineering Teams.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software, and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a competitive and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Production Manager?
- Ensures delivery of products to customers, meeting the delivery plan, with required quality/performance and configuration/options
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve goals for Quality, Cost and Cycle-Time improvements
- Must be a technical leader in the manufacturing organization with a good understanding of the product operation, performance requirements, and strong problem solving and communication skills
- Supervise employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, final test, and packing which is related to the manufacturing of the company’s capital equipment
- Prioritize production schedules based on available manpower, efficiency, capacity, and materials requirements
- Participates in operational meetings, Supports the development and tracking of organization performance metric, Schedules and conducts milestone meetings
- Responsible for meeting or improving cycle time performance and other metrics.
- Ensures timely response to operations issues impacting customer satisfaction; prepares detailed analysis of cost of quality opportunity and initiates corrective action
- Oversees the prevention of employee accidents and injuries
- Develops personnel to include training and career development; manages the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans, and coaching.
- Support the analysis of and plans for maximum production capacity optimization; implements and monitors manufacturing or dept. processes that collect, analyze and report key measurement data and real time status
- Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities
Essential Skills & Experience:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing leadership experience in either semiconductor metrology or similar industry
- Has formal supervisory skills; can coach employees to meet daily deadlines
- Experience with photon/ion/electron beam systems and/or high vacuum equipment used in metrology or spectroscopy capital equipment systems
- Experience with MRP systems, QMS, Agile, MS Project and Excel preferred
- Experience with S2/S8, CE, Customer Compliance and QMS systems
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues
- Highly organized
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
· Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
· Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!