We are looking for a
The Operations and Manufacturing team at Nova is looking for a Production Technician Electrical – with expertise in Electrical PCBA and Box test and repair to work with our Production personnel, Engineers and Scientists to produce our industry leading metrology equipment. The Production Technician is responsible for electronics subassembly test, system integration and calibration for the equipment prior to integration into the final system.
The ideal candidate for a senior level position will have significant experience as a PCBA and Box Repair Technician for components of semiconductor capital equipment products in a production environment.
Pay Range: $32- $43 hourly
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
What will you do as a Production Technician?
- Test and qualify new PCBA and Box Builds using Oscilloscope, NI Test Fixture and program, DVM.
- Repair RMA/returned PCBA and Box Assemblies using Oscilloscope, NI Test Fixture and program, DVM.
- Read PCBA schematics and perform component level debug and repair on PCBA.
- Must have good soldering skills for PCBA repair – not for production support.
- Experience with high voltage (up to 5kv) and some RF is a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate schedules, document progress via reports and use email and computer to document results.
- Ability to collect data and propose improvements to engineers and scientists responsible for decision making.
- Experience with problem solving methodologies and documentation such as 7-step and 8D.
- Own the quality, performance and delivery schedule of each subassembly build and test.
- Follow Work Instructions and laboratory Best Practices. Document all test results.
- Participate in the preparation for packing and shipment of the box assemblies. Ensure compliance to quality requirements and configuration expected.
- Work with Engineering and R&D to develop new features and new components of the products. Act as the manufacturing representative in design reviews and PLC (Product Life Cycle) meetings.
- Develop fixturing and procure and maintain tooling to support product manufacturing.
- Minimum of 6-10 years Electronics Technician experience in either semiconductor metrology or with ion/electron beam systems and/or high vacuum equipment used in semiconductor capital equipment systems
- AA in Electronics or BS in Electronics Technology preferred.
- Experience with document control, revision control and Agile preferred
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in Software, Mechanical and Electrical systems.
- Exhibit proficient use computers, Windows operating systems, lab electronic measurement equipment; requires knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) to perform job function and working knowledge Agile software is a plus
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills