We are looking for a
Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Our Manufacturing Engineer Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Operations, must be able to oversee the final assembly, calibration, testing and validation of a complex, industrial scientific instrument. Our instruments utilize electron and x-ray beam technologies in clean vacuum systems and are fully automated to our end-users. It is expected that the person in this position quickly becomes familiar with the core technologies involved and will be able to handle unforeseen problems and issues arising during the manufacturing process.
The Manufacturing Engineer Manager, will be hands-on on the manufacturing floor and have excellent debugging and problem-solving skills firmly grounded in data collection, analysis, and systematic thinking. He/She will be able to train and guide a world class team of production engineers and technicians in close collaboration with the rest of the Operations and Engineering Teams.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude
What will you do as a Manufacturing Engineer Manager?
- Ensures delivery of products to customers, meeting the delivery plan, with required quality/performance and configuration/options
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve goals for Quality, Cost and Cycle-Time improvements
- Must be a technical leader in the manufacturing organization with a good understanding of the product operation, performance requirements, and strong problem solving and communication skills
- Supervise employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, final test, and packing which is related to the manufacturing of the company’s capital equipment
- Prioritize production schedules based on available manpower, efficiency, capacity, and materials requirements
- Participates in operational meetings, Supports the development and tracking of organization performance metric, Schedules and conducts milestone meetings
- Responsible for meeting or improving cycle time performance and other metrics.
- Ensures timely response to operations issues impacting customer satisfaction; prepares detailed analysis of cost of quality opportunity and initiates corrective action
- Oversees the prevention of employee accidents and injuries
- Develops personnel to include training and career development; manages the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans, and coaching.
- Support the analysis of and plans for maximum production capacity optimization; implements and monitors manufacturing or dept. processes that collect, analyze and report key measurement data and real time status
- Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing leadership experience in either semiconductor metrology or similar industry
- Has formal supervisory skills; can coach employees to meet daily deadlines
- Experience with photon/ion/electron beam systems and/or high vacuum equipment used in metrology or spectroscopy capital equipment systems
- Experience with MRP systems, QMS, Agile, MS Project and Excel preferred
- Experience with S2/S8, CE, Customer Compliance and QMS systems
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills in Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills