Quality Engineer (Big Data and ML)
The Data Analytics team at Nova is looking for a Big Data/Machine Learning SQA Engineer to work with Data Scientists and Software Engineers to establish test requirements for implemented solutions. For you, it is exciting to utilize your combination of process awareness and creative thinking to figure out the best way to test and find bugs with microservices and web user interfaces in Big Data systems. In this role, you will define and execute the requirements to test web applications and Machine Learning functionality on Big Data systems.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
- Determine the best approaches to quality test web user interfaces and microservices in a Big Data infrastructure, utilizing a combination of ad-hoc and documented regression and targeted testing
- Work as part of a Scrum team to analyze requirements, scope, estimate, implement, and test changes to meet these requirements in a web-fronted, Big Data system
- Build and execute defined quality test cases to find issues in source code, and clearly articulate issues found so they can be resolved
- Participate in the creation and use of an automation infrastructure to increase test coverage, frequency, and depth
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and finish in a timely manner
- Continuously learn and improve skills
- Apply significant attention to detail to ensure all tasks are carried out to the highest standard
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Extensive SQA test experience in web applications
- Exposure/experience monitoring microservices and analyzing logs in a Big Data system for proper execution
- Experience with User Experience (UX) and ability to identify issues with the effectiveness of UX in software
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- 3-5 years of software development testing experience in a Scrum/Agile environment, including both ad-hoc and regression testing, and documentation of both test scenarios and test results, preferably with machine learning solutions in Big Data systems
- 3-5 years of experience configuring and interacting with defect reporting systems
- 3-5 years of Big Data configuration and monitoring using a number of related technologies
- 2-3 years’ demonstrated experience creating and working with automation infrastructure, including the ability to script front end/back end test scaffolding
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- User Experience (UX) exposure or experience
- Team player who will work in a collaborative environment with users and the engineering team
- Passionate about well-designed software that is modifiable, efficient, reliable and meets coding standards
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.