Physicist System Engineer
The Optical Material Metrology Team at Nova is looking for a Physicist System Engineer to work on a novel product throughout its life cycle - from the development stage to installation and support at customer sites.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software, and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high-aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the OMM team:
- A team of physicists and engineers working together to implant new material technologies into the semiconductor industry from a unique perspective
What will you do as a Physicist System Engineer?
- Theoretical and experimental system engineering to support state-of-the-art new and existing multidisciplinary optical measurement products.
- Transform customer’s high-level requirements into concrete technical specifications.
- Develop new system capabilities and implement them (in the final product). Define SW and HW specifications requirements to support new features.
- Conduct system diagnostics, troubleshooting and problem-solving. Tasks include root-cause analysis, mitigation plans, and implementation of robust system calibration methods.
- Intensive interface with diverse disciplines: physics, optics, algorithms, mechanics, electronics and software.
- Flights to customers around the world (2-3 times per year)
What will make you succeed in the role?
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in Physics / Engineering (Electronics, Electro-Optics, Optics)
- At least 2-3 years of experience in multi-disciplinary system engineering or equivalent
- Python hands-on experience. Other software such as Matlab or C is also acceptable
- Work in complex activities in project and matrix environment in parallel
The extra spice
- We are looking for a dedicative, out-of-the-box thinker who’s most importantly a great team player.
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!