The optics group at Nova is looking for an Optical Engineer to be responsible for diverse development activities related to high-end, multi-disciplinary optical metrology tools
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the optics team:
- The optics team is responsible for the whole optical path of the Nova tools starting from the light sources, through core optical components and to the sensors
- The optical path of Nova tools consists of diverse high-end elements from different optics branches providing state of the art performance at the system level
- Team members are involved in diverse development phases starting from initial research and characterization, through concept design and feasibility study to the final design and qualification
- All team members operate in a multi-tasking environment, leading in parallel various research, design, and engineering activities
What will you do as an Optical Engineer?
- Apply physical models, simulations, and analyses of tool-related physical effects
- Conduct Lab tests for feasibility studies, root cause analysis and design qualifications
- Full responsibility for the light sources, optic fibers, optical modules and sensors
- Managing and controlling the vendors
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Independent and proactive
- Methodical and organized
- MSc or Ph.D. in Physics or Optical Engineering
- At least 2 years of practical hands-on experience in development and characterization of complex systems including light sources, optical systems, and imaging
- Experience in the design of optical / electro-optic systems
- Experience in design and implementation of the lab setups for measuring optical effects and performance
- Proficiency with Matlab and/or Python (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of optical design software (Zemax, CodeV) - advantage
- Image processing skills - advantage
- Experience in equipment for the semiconductor industry – advantage
The extra spice
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Independent, motivated, and enthusiastic about breakthroughs
- Fast learner
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!