The Advanced Technology team at Nova is looking for a Systems Engineer for the design, integration, and characterization of a novel metrology system in the early stages of development. The candidate will interact with CTO, system architect, and applications engineers to develop software control and features, debug machine interfaces, and create automated test methods. This position provides the opportunity to have a significant impact in a rapidly growing division.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Systems Engineer?
- Learn and understand the concept and operation of the NOVA MMD Metrology Product
- Discuss objectives and requirements with engineers and scientists, then work independently to design and implement algorithms and interfaces to automate tasks, e.g., precision multi-axis motion control, electronic modules, and vision systems
- Troubleshoot existing or new software algorithms and interface control
- Participate in the development and automation of system performance characterization as well as quantitative result analysis
- Incorporate the algorithms/interfaces into prototype software
- Experience with motor control and software/hardware interface
- Experience or knowledge with image acquisition
- Experience with C# and Python
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or a related technical discipline
- Experience with and/or aptitude for precision control, optical systems, detectors, imaging systems, spectroscopy or metrology
- Critical, scientific thinking with good intuition toward practical solutions
- Experience in x-ray beamline or optics design a plus
- Previous experience with Semiconductor Capital equipment a plus
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.