Optics Team Leader
The optics group at Nova is looking for a team leader to take responsibility for the optics team’s diverse development activities related to high-end, multi-disciplinary optical metrology tools
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Optics group:
- The optics group is responsible for the whole optical path of the Nova tools starting from the light sources, through core optical components, and to the sensors
- The optical path of Nova tools consists of diverse high-end elements from different optics branches providing state of the art performance at the system level
- Group members are involved in diverse development phases starting from initial research and characterization, through concept design and feasibility study to the final design and qualification
- All team members operate in a multi-tasking environment, leading in parallel various research, design, and engineering activities
What will you do as an optics team leader?
- Lead, supervise and take part in optics team research, designs, deliveries, and support
- Take the role of technical authority for the team’s activities, among them:
- Developing physical models
- Conducting optical system design
- Performing simulations and analyses of tool-related physical effects
- Conducting lab tests for feasibility studies, root cause analysis, and design qualifications
- Full responsibility for the light sources, optical fibers, optical modules, and sensors
- Managing vendors and controlling their activities
- Establish strong interfaces with surrounding HW and system teams to ensure aligned delivery of combined optomechanical and electro-optical modules
- Take an active role in the development process, representing optics team perspective: concept and feasibility studies, specifications definition, design reviews, and test reviews
- On the team’s deliverables documentation required to support transfer to production and service processes (operational descriptions and diagrams, alignment and test procedures, troubleshooting guides)
- Take responsibility for the continuous progression of the team members' proficiency by personal coaching and the development of external training plans.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Physics or Optical Engineering
- At least 4 years of practical hands-on experience in the development and characterization of complex systems including light sources, imaging and illumination systems, sensors
- Experience in design and implementation of the lab setups for measuring optical effects and performance
- Leading projects of design and manufacturing for complex optical/electro-optical modules
- Experience with technical vendor management
- 2+ years as team leader - advantage
- Proficiency with MATLAB and/or Python (Python preferred)
- Knowledge of optical design software (Zemax, CodeV)
- Experience in equipment for the semiconductor industry – advantage
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!