New Technologies Leader
Nova is a leading innovator and a key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing. The company maintains its technological edge by continuously introducing disruptive capabilities and extensions of its technology portfolio. The company’s continuous product innovation combines robust high-precision optical and X-Ray design with unique algorithms and software modeling engines, best in class in the industry.
Nova is looking for a New Technologies Leader in its Corporate CTO group with broad acquaintance of multiple technologies as well as with the semiconductor process control and fabrication world, together with business acumen and ability to lead disruptive new directions.
Nova’s CTO group was established to create an influx of new technologies into our portfolio. This expansion of capabilities is critical for answering the growing diversity of challenges and needs arising from the fast-developing semiconductor industry. The New Technologies Leader will use his understanding of the challenges and trends of the semiconductor eco-system to conduct and lead concept and feasibility research (both internally and with external partners) on emerging needs and identified new technologies and help drive them in the organization.
This position requires high-end technical capabilities, deep understanding of multiple physical disciplines and ability to learn and analyze quickly new technologies, acquaintance with semiconductor technology, fab environment, and the involved process control as well as strategic thinking to drive Nova’s disruptive technology growth.
- PhD (or M.Sc.) in Physics (or close engineering discipline).
- Over 7 years’ experience as hands-on lead physicist in leading technology companies, preferably in early stages of the development cycle.
- Experience in semiconductor industry and understanding of the fab environment.
- Business / marketing background is an advantage.
- Ability to identify, comprehend and analyse various technological paths, based on diverse physical principles.
- Disruptive Innovation thinking – daring to challenge the status quo. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities, and ‘out-of-the-box’ approach.
- Passion for exploring and learning new directions and ability to constantly “disrupt” the organization.
- Leadership skills - Ability to manage complex technological activities and projects (internally and with external vendors) in areas of large uncertainty in a multi-disciplinary global environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Persuasive powers, ability to lead, motivate and drive without authority (matrix).
- Strategic thinking and ability to combine deep technological understanding with business and marketing implications.
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!