We are looking for an
Nova is looking for a scientist or engineer with strong applied math skills to participate in the research and development of Nova's products and solutions for the advanced process control market. The position will collaborate across disciplines to create, implement and evaluate data analysis algorithms, primarily for extracting metrology results from spectroscopy and other data sets, and for instrument calibration and automated instrument optimization.
The algorithm engineer will prototype algorithms, typically in a scientific computing environment such as Matlab or Python. The ideal candidate will possess, in addition to experience developing algorithms, familiarity with analytical, metrology or imaging instruments, and experience in an experimental field, such as physics, chemistry, materials science or biology. Experience with machine learning and big data is a plus.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Competitive Benefits
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
- Develop, implement and test algorithms for new products and/or new applications.
- Work with marketing and applications teams to define features, algorithm outputs and quality metrics.
- Plan, execute and document validation tests.
- Collaborate with the applications team and key customers to developed advanced algorithms that extend the capabilities of existing products.
- Validating algorithm functionality, understanding limits to capability,
- Investigation of improved or novel quantitation methods
- Support engineering, manufacturing and applications teams to address issues related to data quality, calibration and algorithm performance.
- MS or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Math or related Engineering field.
- Excellent problem solving skills – the ability to algorithmically address complex problems which involve a mix of system/hardware with customer-related applications.
- Strong familiarity and demonstrated proficiency with Python and Matlab programming languages.
- Knowledge and familiarity of statistical ‘best practices’ and methods for data analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor process and process control market and technologies.
- System level familiarity with spectroscopy, metrology or imaging systems.
- Software development experience, including big data analytics and machine learning.
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!
If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at Talents@novami.com