Optical Student Engineer
The optics group at Nova is looking for a Physics/Optics student to take responsibility for various development activities related to the critical modules of the multi-disciplinary tools.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software, and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Optics team:
- The optics team is responsible for the whole optical path of the Nova tools starting from the light sources, through the optical channels and to the sensors
- The optical path of Nova tools comprises diverse high-end elements from different optics branches providing state of the art performance at the system level
- Team members are involved in diverse development phases from the concept and feasibility to the final design and qualification
- All team members operate in multi-tasking mode managing in parallel various research, design, and engineering activities
What will you do as a physics/optics student?
- In-lab work: design, building of, and performing tests on new setups for qualification of the optical elements and modules as well as running set-ups for a feasibility study of the new concepts and configurations.
- Data analysis: development and maintenance of calculation tools and algorithms required to compile and study the collected data.
- Joining the team in all ongoing activities including brainstorms, presentation of results, preparation of documentation
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Careful definition of the test plans and design of the test setups
- Verification of the results at in-tool tests
- Systematic presentation of the results
- Master'sPh.D.Advanced stage with high grades in Physics or optical engineering
- Experience in design and implementation of the lab setups for measuring optical effects and performance (required)
- 2-3 workdays a week (required)
- Optics experience (big advantage)
- Proficiency with Matlab and/or Python (Python preferred)
The extra spice
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Independent learner and active task promoter
- Motivated and enthusiastic, addressing challenges and obstacles pragmatically
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!