Sales Account Manager (Samsung)
NOVA Korea is looking for Sales Manager to be the key person for all Samsung related sales issues, he/she will manage all Samsung sales related activity in the Korea including China fab from all aspects.
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading an account management team and all aspects of Nova’s relationship with customers and assigned accounts in a designated region to maximize customer satisfaction and market share potential. Maintain and/or achieve a strategic advantage for Nova products within a competitive market. This position is a critical member, and operates in a cross-functional, team-based environment.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Sales team in Korea at GBG group
GBG is a competitive and collaborative environment. We thrive on our teamwork and pride ourselves in our winning attitude.
What will you do as Sales Manager?
- Directs account management activities within an assigned region.
- Responsible for Nova’s overall success with the assigned accounts.
- Develops appropriate account strategies, working together with account team members.
- Oversees global cross-functional account responsibilities within Nova.
- Manages account business essentials including forecast, sales, account margin, product roadmap, warranty and service. Responsible for achievement of revenue and incoming PO target and takes necessary action immediately if needed.
- Maintains or increases market share of our products in assigned accounts.
- Promotes our new products and new technology with well-planned strategies to assigned accounts.
- Performs situation analysis and strategic planning, in keeping with Nova processes and roadmaps, to incorporate customers’ requirements and Nova value-added opportunities.
- Ensures that every Nova employee’s interactions with accounts support the Strategic Plan.
- Builds & maintains relationships with all levels for customers’ decision-maker network (economic, technical, user buyers).
- Understands customers’ culture, product portfolio, competitive position, financial state, investment plan, organization structure, key decision makers, installed base, and Nova competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Updates and communicates account plan on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for Account required operation review materials to be reported on time.
- Negotiates on behalf of Nova for pricing, lead-time, new product and etc.
- Analyzes market share by gathering information about competitor’s shipments. Obtains accurate information about competitors, market, and capital spending plan.
- Map and profile the Samsung individual account in detail.
- Coordinate the sales cycle with the sales and business people of Nova’s business partners where integrated metrology solutions are being sold
- To successfully create and drive several penetration efforts into the Samsung account in the areas of Optical CD and X-Ray Metrology.
- Position Nova as a key metrology supplier for relevant areas in the fab.
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Understand and articulate strategic directions and affect the technological strategy of the company accordingly
- Build Liaise with all levels, technical and non-technical.
- Direct communication with all levels of Nova staff, especially technical staff
- Represent Nova’s technical expertise in joint projects
- Build relationship and trust with key figureheads in Samsung
- To characterize Samsung’s specific needs per application and drive Nova’s development efforts to cater for those needs
- Effectively sell existing products
- Capture all opportunities
- Report to Nova’s Sales organization any activity that might have commercial potential.
- Map out Samsung organization in Korea/offshores
- Gather and report any information regarding Nova’s competitor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to lead and manage teams to successfully meet their commitments.
- Familiar with new product introductions, key account management, and working with field professionals.
- Cross-functional or matrix management experience.
- Professional business manner, appearance, and personal maturity is required.
- Ability to explain to others logically the problem in order to achieve appropriate understanding and cooperation from supporting team.
- Ability to make accurate forecasts and to reconcile results to the forecast.
- Must be a self-starter with ambition and initiative, be a team player, and be able to make a good first impression.
- Good standing relationship with Samsung in semiconductor industry and previous experience selling to Samsung in semiconductor
- Proven high technology equipment sales success required. Strongly prefer semiconductor metrology sales success and industry network.
- Must be exceptionally motivated to engage customers in all settings and opportunities.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent, may require an advanced degree (Master's, PhD), in applicable field or equivalent. Typically has 15+ years of applicable experience and a minimum of 4 years direct supervisory experience. Broad knowledge of all areas within particular function or sub-function. May have depth of knowledge derived from experience in senior non-management and middle management roles. May require high-level understanding of regional laws, customs, markets and sales opportunities for the company’s products.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in sales, account management, marketing, sales promotion, or strategic planning in the semiconductor capital equipment business.
- Front-end semiconductor process technology knowledge.
- Engineering background is preferable.
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!