Nova Measuring Instruments is a leading innovator and a key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing. The company maintains its technological edge by continuously introducing advanced capabilities and extensions of its technology portfolio. The company’s continuous product innovation combines robust high-precision optical and X-ray design with unique algorithms and software modeling engines, best in class in the industry.
Nova is looking for a Senior Buyer for our materials metrology division. The division is a leading provider of next generation metrology equipment used to monitor and control thickness and composition of critical films deposited during the semiconductor manufacturing process. We are searching for a seasoned purchasing professional who will play a key role in establishing the divisions strategic direction, development, and future growth.
- Purchase direct materials and services, components and equipment as driven by MRP or our NPI team
- Purchase indirect materials and services including facilities, human resources, consultants, NRE, etc.
- Manage extended forecasts with key suppliers for long lead parts
- Onboard suppliers for your given commodity, ensure NDAs are processed as needed
- Drive Gross Margin Improvements through negotiations or localization with supplier on pricing, rework cost and minimizing expediting cost and purchase price variance
- Responsible for materials lead time reduction by getting suppliers to improve cycle time, negotiating on hedges and manufacture and supply agreements
- Ensure timely PO execution and address supplier’s quality, capacity, materials issues that may affect supply
- Communicate with suppliers for early or delayed deliveries as required, drive suppliers to meet on time delivery
- Active participation on business review with suppliers and provide constructive feedback to help suppliers to improve their scores
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of claims from suppliers on ECO and EOM projects
- Timely review and execute on ECN and ECO changes so that production is not affected
- Drive to improve inventory turns by having quick execution on MRB and quick returns on RTV
- Quarterly review of safety stock to ensure an optimal balance of supply vs inventory turns
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Supply Chain Management/Logistics or equivalent
- Fresh graduates or people with 5+ years of procurement experience, supply chain management a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience in low-volume high-mix Manufacturing environment is a plus
- Basic understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) will be advantageous
Adaptability, Collaborates, Communication, Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Drives Results, Innovation, Problem Solving, Work Processes