Senior Tech Support Engineer
Service at Nova is looking for a Sr. Technical Support Engineer to understand and demonstrate knowledge of varied technologies and across multiple disciplines - ion optics, mass spectrometry, ray photoelectron spectroscopy, secondary ion mass spectrometry, high voltage and low voltage electronics, mechanical systems, high vacuum systems, power systems, and various software operating systems and applications.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
Materials Metrology Division is a competitive and family like environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Sr. Technical Support Engineer?
- Provide field engineer and customer support, including technical problem solving, diagnosis, repair, installation, modification and upgrade of systems as well as customer training.
- Demonstrate ability to manage escalations and critical customer situations successfully.
- Act as primary contact between factory, field team, and customers for collection and analysis of system performance data, collection of system reliability data, as well as system tracking and customer satisfaction.
- Collect, prepare and formally communicate data analysis and quality metrics reporting.
- Work closely with field support, engineering and operations to provide feedback on serviceability, reliability, ease of installation, upgrades and other customer / tool related quality metrics and issues.
- Report design, reliability and/or maintenance issues to engineering.
- Create, edit and review technical field and training materials and documentation.
- Support beta programs at customer sites and at headquarters
- Demonstrate ability to develop technical training programs and classes, as well as experience in delivery of training to field personal and customers including the successful mentoring and on-the-job training of new personnel.
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Ability to work effectively in a multifunctional team, including Field Teams, Engineering, Operations, Tech Support, Applications, Marketing and Sales.
- Excellent knowledge of semiconductor technical support requirements as well as field service processes and procedures.
- Training development and delivery experience
- New product introduction management experience
- Must be able to bend, crawl and work in and around systems and within semiconductor manufacturing facilities
- Must be able to lift, carry and move job related items
- This position requires global travel as needed; estimated travel time is at least 30% of the year
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of experience in a semiconductor manufacturing technical support role or equivalent experience
- Semiconductor metrology equipment or related equipment manufacturing experience is beneficial
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills
- Excellent escalation management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, data analysis and diagnostics ability
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020.
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.