This position as Field Service Engineer requires the understanding and experience in solving problem related to various technologies, including optics, electronics, mechanical systems, detection systems, high vacuum systems, power systems, software and firmware. The candidate will interface with multifunctional groups to ensure the smooth project handling, qualification and maintenance of Nova DMD products at customer sites in a manner that meets and exceeds both customer and DMD division expectations.
- Project handling, customer support, including modifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing, installing, customer training and repairing of DMD systems
- Become proficient in recipe development for qualified DMD recipes
- Act as primary contact between Nova HQ and customer related to system performance, collection of system reliability data, reporting and customer satisfaction
- Quantify system performance, including system to system matching, using sound statistical techniques.
- Coordinate all service activities with customer to maximize system tool up time.
- Collect, prepare and formally communicate with customers and HQ, daily, weekly, monthly and other routine customer and HQ required data analysis and quality metrics.
- Work closely with tech support, engineering and operations to provide feedback on serviceability, reliability, ease of installation, upgrades and other customer / tool related quality issues.
- Report design, reliability and/or maintenance issues to engineering.
- Create, edit and review technical, training materials and documentation.
- Support beta programs at customer sites
- Excellent written and oral communications capability - English
- Excellent knowledge of Field Service fundamentals
- Minimum of 3~7 years of experience in a semiconductor capital equipment organization; specific optical equipment service experience or service experience with similar complex systems is required