We are looking for a
Field Service Engineer (Boise)
Field Service Engineers must understand and demonstrate knowledge of varied technologies and across multiple disciplines - ion optics, mass spectrometry, x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, secondary ion mass spectrometry, ion optics, high voltage and low voltage electronics, mechanical systems, high vacuum systems, power systems, and various software operating systems and applications. FSEs need to be experienced and demonstrate capability in escalation management and management of equipment/product from a service perspective.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Global Business Group:
- Our Global Business Group is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Field Service Engineer?
- Provide customer support, including technical problem solving, diagnosis, repair, installation, modification, and upgrade of systems as well as customer training
- Demonstrate ability to manage escalations and critical customer situations successfully
- Act as primary contact between factory and customers for collection and analysis of system performance data, collection of system reliability data, as well as system tracking and customer satisfaction
- Coordinate all service activities with customers to maximize system tool up time and performance
- Collect, prepare, and formally communicate with the customers and headquarters, daily, weekly, monthly, and other routine customer and factory required data analysis and quality metrics reporting
- Provide feedback on serviceability, reliability, ease of installation, upgrades and other customer / tool related quality metrics and issues
- Report design, reliability and/or maintenance issues to Tech Support
- Support beta programs at customer sites and at headquarters
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Ability to work effectively in a multifunctional team, serving as a liaison between customers, Tech Support, Applications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, data analysis and diagnostics ability.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent knowledge of semiconductor technical support requirements as well as field service processes and procedures.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent customer relations and communications skill.
- Excellent escalation management skills
- This position requires manual and physical labor often working in cleanroom environment.
- Must be able to bend, crawl and work in and around systems and within semiconductor manufacturing facilities.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move job related items.
- This position requires travel as needed; estimated travel time is at least 30% of the year
- PhD, Master’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of experience in a semiconductor manufacturing technical support role or equivalent experience in a similar technical business such as an analytical instrument capital equipment organization, is required.
- Semiconductor metrology equipment or related equipment manufacturing experience is beneficial
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!
If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at Talents@novami.com