We are looking for a
Field Service Engineer (Portland)
Nova Measuring Instruments, Inc. is looking for a Field Service Engineer to support our customers in Hillsboro, OR and travel out of Hillsboro, OR on an irregular bases depending on needs from other sites. Relocations within the US will be considered.
The successful candidate may have to travel to our headquarters in Israel for formal training once a year and must be willing to travel extensively domestically to support other sites across the US as necessary. The FSE will perform engineering and technical activities, while utilizing company’s R&D teams to direct technology development of new products.
- Implement the Customer Support Policy for the Nova End User. Supervise, maintain and support Nova systems in the field.
- Support Nova and End Users service as defined under Nova’s warranty and service support agreements.
- Maintain proper reporting methods for all activities of customer support as defined by the US Customer Support Manager.
- Maintain Nova’s parts inventory under the position’s control. Maintain proper level of stock in accordance with Nova’s spare parts stock policy, as set from time to time.
- Assist in new equipment installations, “add-ons,” and upgrades.
- Provide feedback to the US headquarters based on experience gained with customers.
Reports and controls:
- Employ FSRs for all service activities.
- Produce a weekly report on assigned customers/systems covering:
- System’s status
- Pare to chart
- The forwarding of all FSRs
- Customer’s relevant information
- Sales support issues
- Inventory consumption and levels (monthly)
- Provide customer training and retraining. Ensure an adequate level of know how among customers’ ‘users’.
- Manage Nova’s parts inventory at the locations assigned to this position.
- Assist in setting Nova’s spare parts stock policy, and maintain proper levels of stock in accordance with that policy.
- Repair parts and components according to general service policy.
- Verify that spare systems are stored properly by customers and are available without delay when needed.
- Provide sales support and sales related information.
- Collaborate with sales and customer on-site evaluations.
- Be familiar with customer operating methods, procedures, and policy.
- Adhere to customers’ site policies and guidelines with regard to safety, performance and behavior.
- Maintain customers’ information with the utmost confidentiality.
- When in doubt, always verify with and obtain approval from the proper customer authority prior to taking any action.
- Be polite, cordial, considerate, and respectful when communicating with customers.
- Report to customer site at the time specified and depart at the predetermined approved time. However, be prepared to support the customer beyond the customary daily work hours as required.
- Successfully demonstrate ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform at all times within the boundaries of all applicable laws.
- Perform with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Perform at all times within the boundaries of Nova’s service procedures and manuals.
- This position requires that you become authorized to both enter and work on the customer premises. Therefore, your employment with Nova is conditioned upon this authorization, which may require a background check and drug testing
- Self Starter with a positive attitude
- Minimum BS in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience working with multi-discipline semiconductor mfg equipment
- experience with metrology and specific understanding of semiconductor vacuum tools
- Knowledge in Optics, GUI SW Design and mechanical components
- Working Knowledge of integration with different equipment platforms, communication protocols: SECS/HSMS
- Understanding of semiconductor practices, safety, ergonomics, and yield requirements
- This position requires manual and physical labor
- Must be able to bend, crawl and work in and around systems and within semiconductor manufacturing facilities.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move job related items.
- This position is responsible for the assigned site-specific customer and support other sites when a request is made by other accounts
- Periodic travel to other locations is expected up to 50%
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!