We are looking for a
Field Service Engineer (NY)
Our Global Business Group at Nova is looking for a Field Service Engineer who is a self-starter, has a positive attitude, is a team player, and can support our systems at the customer site in a professional manner. The FSE will perform engineering and technical activities, while utilizing company’s R&D teams to direct technology development of new products.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Global Business Group:
- GBG is a collaborative and familial environment. We thrive on our teamwork and pride ourselves in our winning attitude.
- Support Nova and End Users service as defined under Nova’s warranty and service support agreements
- Maintain proper reporting methods for all activities of customer support as defined by the Service Manager
- Assist in new equipment installations, “add-ons,” and upgrades
- Provide feedback to the US headquarters based on experience gained with customers
- Produce regular reports to customer and Nova management
- Provide customer training and retraining
- Ensure an adequate level of know how among customers’ ‘users’
- Manage Nova’s parts inventory at the locations assigned to this position
- Assist in setting Nova’s spare parts stock policy and maintain proper levels of stock in accordance with that policy
- Repair parts and components according to general service policy
- Verify that spare systems are stored properly and are available without delay when needed
- Provide sales support and sales related information
- Collaborate with sales and customer on-site evaluations
- Be familiar with customer operating methods, procedures, and policy
- Adhere to customers’ site policies and guidelines with regards to safety, performance and behavior
- Maintain customers’ information with the utmost confidentiality
- Be polite, cordial, considerate, and respectful when communicating with customers
- Provide customer support during working schedule defined by service contract
- Be prepared to support the customer beyond the defined working schedule as required
- BS in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude with independent troubleshooting ability.
- First level software troubleshooting and support
- Previous experience working with multi-discipline semiconductor metrology equipment preferred
- The FSE should have working knowledge of integration with different equipment platforms and communication protocols such as SECS/ HSMS
- Understanding of semiconductor practices, safety, ergonomics, and yield requirements
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!
If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at Talents@novami.com