The Customer Service Dept. at Nova is looking for a Technical Writer to Make complex procedures and concepts doable and understandable and ensure Nova’s products are used safely and effectively.
The ideal Technical Writer has excellent research, interviewing and communication skills and are capable of collaborating with developers, QA engineers, product experts, and product and project managers to prepare technical documentation manuals and documents that communicate complex, technical information in a clear and concise manner that is easily understood by the intended audience (customers, FSE, engineers, integrators, subcontractors, etc.). They have excellent outlining, writing, and editing skills, good organizational skills, a commitment to quality, and a creative and motivational personality.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
You’ll be joining the Technical Documentation team. The Technical Documentation team:
- Provides a platform for technical knowledge distribution and sharing that is up-to-date and easy-to-use and access.
- Collaborates with developers, QA engineers, product experts, and product and project managers to prepare technical documentation manuals and documents that communicate complex, technical information in a clear and concise manner that is easily understood by the intended audience (customers, FSE, engineers, integrators, subcontractors, etc.).
- Supports all Customer Support TTS (Transfer to Service) activities, as well as documentation activities from other Nova departments worldwide.
- Develops and maintains stylesheets and templates for technical documentation (both written and online).
- Enhances internal processes to enable access to information that would not necessarily be available to FSEs.
- What will you do as Technical Writer?
- Develop and update documentation for hardware and software products including: User Manuals, Installation Guides, Preventive Maintenance Manuals, Service Manuals, Release Notes, Technical Field Orders, Technical Notes, Customer Notifications, and online help for Nova's product lines
- Author and publish documents and manuals in accordance with predefined styles
- Create relevant graphics for documentation
- Review the interface at the development stage for usability and conformity to Nova standards
- Interview subject matter experts (SMEs) and users at various levels within the company (such as, product specialists, program managers, programmers, and engineers) in order to gather information for documentation development
- Support the writing of marketing collateral for Customer Support Value Added Services projects
- Support writing projects with basic image editing
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new products/features and advanced technologies
- Ability to fit in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Ability to work independently as the primary writer on projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- At least 3 years’ experience in Technical Writing
- Technical background (Engineering or SW development) an advantage
- Excellent English (mother-tongue level)
- Work includes contact with engineers to clarify content - spoken Hebrew is therefore required
- Experience with Madcap Flare
- Experience with publishing and authoring tools such as FrameMaker, Word, Adobe Acrobat, RoboHelp (or equivalent), PowerPoint an advantage
- Experience with Source Control software, such as Microsoft TFS (preferred), Git, or Subversion
- Familiarity with HTML and XML is an advantage
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop (or similar), Adobe Captivate or TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe After Effects, Excel, Visio an advantage
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.
At Nova, we believe in diversity.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Qualified applicants will be considered for open positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, accommodated facilities, and more.
Nova welcomes all dimensions of diversity!