Field Service Engineer
Nova Measuring Instruments, Inc. is looking for a Field Service Engineer to support our customers in Albany, NY. Relocations within the US will be considered. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter, has a positive attitude, is a team player and can support our systems at the customer site in a professional manner.
Nova is a publicly traded company and was founded in May 1993. The successful candidate may have to travel to our headquarters in Israel for formal training once a year and must be willing to travel extensively domestically to support other sites across the US as necessary.
The FSE will perform engineering and technical activities, while utilizing company’s RD teams to direct technology development of new products.
- Implement the Customer Support Policy for the Nova End User. Supervise, maintain and support Nova systems in the field.
- Support Nova and End Users service as defined under Nova’s warranty and service support agreements.
- Maintain proper reporting methods for all activities of customer support as defined by the US Customer Support Manager.
- Maintain Nova’s parts inventory under the position’s control. Maintain proper level of stock in accordance with Nova’s spare parts stock policy, as set from time to time.
- Assist in new equipment installations, “add-ons,” and upgrades.
- Provide feedback to the US headquarters based on experience gained with customers.
Reports and controls:
- Employ FSRs for all service activities.
- Produce a weekly report on assigned customers/systems covering:
- System’s status
- Pare to chart
- The forwarding of all FSRs
- Customer’s relevant information
- Sales support issues
- Inventory consumption and levels (monthly)
- Provide customer training and retraining. Ensure an adequate level of know how among customers’ ‘users’.
- Manage Nova’s parts inventory at the locations assigned to this position.
- Assist in setting Nova’s spare parts stock policy, and maintain proper levels of stock in accordance with that policy.
- Repair parts and components according to general service policy.
- Verify that spare systems are stored properly by customers and are available without delay when needed.
- Provide sales support and sales related information.
- Be familiar with customer operating methods, procedures, and policy.
- Adhere to customers’ site policies and guidelines with regard to safety, performance and behavior.
- Maintain customers’ information with the utmost confidentiality.
- When in doubt, always verify with and obtain approval from the proper customer authority prior to taking any action.
- Be polite, cordial, considerate, and respectful when communicating with customers.
- Report to customer site at the time specified and depart at the predetermined approved time. However, be prepared to support the customer beyond the customary daily work hours as required.
- Successfully demonstrate ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform at all times within the boundaries of all applicable laws.
- Perform with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Perform at all times within the boundaries of Nova’s service procedures and manuals.
- This position requires that you become authorized to both enter and work on the customer premises. Therefore, your employment with Nova is conditioned upon this authorization, which may require a background check and drug testing
- Requires minimum BS in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience working with multi-discipline semiconductor manufacturing equipment, metrology
- Specific understanding of semiconductor vacuum tools. Knowledge in optics, GUI SW design, and mechanical components
- Working knowledge of integration with different equipment platforms, communication protocols such as SECS/ HSMS
- Understanding of semiconductor practices, safety, ergonomics, and yield requirements.
- This position requires manual and physical labor
- Must be able to bend, crawl and work in and around systems and within semiconductor manufacturing facilities.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move job related items.
- This position is primarily responsible for the assigned site-specific customer and install base.
- Periodic travel to other locations is expected up to 15%
We’re committed to building a diverse organization with a unique sense of belonging.
We strive to expand our multidisciplinary platform with diverse talents and inspire the various segments of society.
Our organization fosters an inclusive, open-minded, and accepting environment.
We respect all individuals and ensure everyone is seen, heard, valued, and respected.